Friday, January 4, 2013

Pinkalicious party!



It's January again, which means it is time to start planning my 5 year olds birthday party! I know it seems a little silly since her birthday isn't until mid May, but I like to have plenty of planning and time to make stuff for the party. Not to mention I will have another party to plan at the end of July now, so I need to get started!

I wanted to share what we did for Hailie's birthday last year. She really wanted a Pinkalicious party. I almost said no, just because I knew if I was going to do it I would have to do it right, which was going to be very time consuming. Not to mention I was working full time, in school, and 6 1/2 months pregnant. Did I mention I was busy?

If you have never heard of Pinkalicious, you either have all boys or you have been hiding under a rock. Just kidding! But really, you need to read this book, it is so adorable!
The little girl eats too many pink cupcakes and she turns pink, then she has to eat a bunch of green things to go back to normal. See there is even a good lesson in there.

Here is an overview of the kitchen.
I have to thank my awesome sister in law for the creative streamer work.
Here is the cake table.
For the giant cupcake I used a giant cupcake pan. For the cupcake holder I melted pink chocolate, and used a brush to evenly brush it into the bottom part of the cupcake pan. Put it in the fridge and let it set, voila!
I am not going to lie, it was not near that easy though! Make sure you spray the pan with Pam really good before you start, I had a horrible time getting the chocolate out in one piece.
I downloaded these awesome water bottle covers from Seven Thirty Three for free!


Pink covered marshmallows and pink lemonade!



Pink wafers, strawberry popcorn, and pink chocolate covered strawberries.
Then we just did normal fare for the rest of the food, Cheese dip, meat, cheese, veggies and fruit trays.
The birthday girl and her cousin.
Bouncing in the bounce house.

Overall the Pinkalicious party was a huge success.

What is the theme for your kids birthday party this year?

Share your Pinkalicious party!

No comments:

Post a Comment